E3 2010 is barely underway, and even though we’ve seen some pretty impressive titles thus far, only one game matters: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Fresh details and screenshots for the game have arrived, including the game’s release date. You can even check out the trailer on our homepage.
I’ve been looking forward to this game ever since it was announced, and now that I’m seeing footage and screen grabs, I’m glad to see all my self-hype is coming to fruition. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World looks absolutely fantastic, and with four-player co-op, it might possibly be the best downloadable side scrolling beat ‘em up of the last decade. The characters work fantastic in this style of game, and seeing Bryan Lee O’Malley’s creation brought to life in this pixelated format only serves as a testament to his, and the developer’s, skills.
The game is due out August 10th on the PlayStation 3, and though there’s no word as of yet when it will arrive on the Xbox 360, it’s still going to be one of the best comic book-based video games ever. At least, I hope it is. I’d say more, but my words simply cannot due the images any justice. Feast your eyes on these screens, and the official press release, and jump aboard the Scott Pilgrim bandwagon. We’ve got plenty of room.
Scott Pilgrim is a loveable loser whose life is turned upside down when a mind-blowing delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts popping up everywhere, even in his dreams. Could she be his true love? But the path to Ms. Flowers isn’t covered in rose petals. The League of Ramona’s Evil Exes stands in the way. To get the girl, Scott must not only defeat the seven evil exes, but also take responsibility and become a better person.
SCOTT PILGRIM is about KISSES and KOs
PLAY AS OR PLAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
- Fight as SCOTT PILGRIM, RAMONA FLOWERS, STEPHEN STILLS and KIM PINE or as one surprise character, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Team up with up to 3 of your friends on the same console and combine your skills in over-the-top super CO-OP attacks for more devastation.
- Not only can you help your friends by reviving their characters or sharing health and coins, but also compete with them in subspace mini-games to earn more experience, coins and lives.
- Summon for a limited time an AI ally – such as the deadly Knives Chau – to help you strike your enemies.
RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
- Old-school graphic design with next-gen HD technology.
- 8-BIT retro-gaming animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.
- Features exclusive retro cut scenes and art by Bryan Lee O’Maley, SCOTT PILGRIM creator.
- Includes tons of references to new and old cult games.
FIGHT FOR LOVE AND BECOME THE BEST 23-YEAR-OLD EVER!
- Defeat Ramona’s 7 ex-boyfriends and their weird hordes of hipsters, emos, paparazzi, aliens, flying piggy banks (yes, flying piggy banks!) and many many more.
- Progress by earning eXperience Points that will allow your character to level-up and learn numerous deadly fighting moves.
- Earn coins during your journey and exchange them in one of 14 shops for food or snacks that increase your strength, speed, defense and will power.
Get each of your quests rewarded by spending quality time with the girl of Scott’s dreams – Ramona Flowers.